Legacy of India - Package Detail
Legacy of India
Route : Delhi Khajuraho Orchha Gwalior Agra Samode Jaipur Delhi
12 Days / 11 Nights
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Legacy of India Tour
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Legacy of India Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandini Chowk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
Fly to Khajuraho, the birthplace of Kamasutra
Amaze your senses with the Legacy of India Tour, visiting the exotic temples of Khajuraho
- Catch your morning flight to Khajuraho.
- Arrive Khajuraho, check in at your hotel and freshen up
- Visit the enchanting temples of Khajuraho, with sculptures that draw their inspiration from the ancient art of Kama sutra. Khajuraho Temples were built by the Chandela kings between 950 AD and 1050 AD.
to Orchha, the medieval town peppered with shrines and temples (185 Kms / 4.5
Discover heritage in your Legacy of India Tour, by visiting the architectural ruins of Orchha
- Drive to Orchha, a medieval riverside town known for its shrines and temples.
- Spend the rest of the day discovering the marvellous architectural ruins of Orchha.
to Gwalior, home to the second largest fort in India (125 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Cherish the splendour of your Legacy of India Tour, by visiting the princely city of Gwalior, a historic city dominated by the mighty Gwalior fort.
- Drive to Gwalior, the city of warrior kings, poets, musicians and saints. A historic city, Gwalior is known for its magnificent fort which houses a number of ruined palaces and interesting temples.
- En route to Gwalior, visit the fort and cenotaphs at Datia.
- Arrive Gwalior, check-in at hotel.
- Enjoy the evening at leisure
Day in Gwalior
Encounter the historic marvel of your Legacy of India Tour, discovering Gwalior, the erstwhile capital of the Scindias
AM: Enjoy a sightseeing tour, which includes a visit to
- The Jai Vilas Palace,
- The Tomb of Mohammad Ghaus
- The tomb of Tansen, the famous musician of Mughal emperor Akbar’s court and
- The Gwalior fort, the second largest fort in India. The Gwalior fort is a predominantly Hindu fort built by the Rajput ruler Raja Tomar Singh. It is a huge fort which houses many Hindu and Jain temples and a Gurudwara.
- Enjoy sound and light show at the Gwalior fort.
to Agra, land of the Taj Mahal (120 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Continue to the cultural splendours of your Legacy of India Tour discovering the Mughal city of Agra, home to the beautiful wonder of the world, the Taj Mahal
- Drive to Agra.
- Optional: watch a fantastic show “Mohabbat the Taj – The saga of love”, staging the largest replica of the Taj Mahal, and presenting the Taj in its various shades and seasons.
Day in Agra
Enjoy the epitome of your Legacy of India Tour, with a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
- Rise early to experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the eternal symbol of love, the Taj Mahal. Often referred to as a poem in white marble, Taj Mahal displays the saga of love between Emperor Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.
- Visit Agra fort, which is built in red sandstone and has magnificent palaces, halls of public and private audience and beautiful gardens
- Visit marble inlay workshops – watch artisans creating magical beauty with marble and indulge in exquisite shopping in this historic city of Agra
Drive to Samode, a small village famous for its beautiful palace (275 Kms / 6 Hrs)
Relax in the leisurely pace of your Legacy of India Tour with a visit to Samode, a small village close to Jaipur
- Drive to Samode.
- Enroute visit Fatehpur Sikri, the crowning glory of Emperor Akbar's architectural legacy. Built in red sandstone, its numerous palaces, halls, and structures exemplify the creativity of erstwhile Mughal emperors.
- Arrive Samode Palace and enjoy an evening at leisure, settling into the royal ambience of the beautiful palace and exploring its museum.
Drive to Jaipur, the pink capital city of Rajasthan (40 kms / 1 Hrs)
Experience the warmth and richness of heritage on your Legacy of India Tour, with a visit to the vibrant city of Jaipur in Rajasthan
- Drive to Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan
- On arrival, check in at your hotel and freshen up
- Enjoy a heritage walk in the old city of Jaipur, seeing life along the small alleys and by-lanes. Interact with the local artisans enamelling jewels with local ‘meenakari’ work, along with goldsmiths and silversmiths of the region
- Visit gems, jewels and carpet weaving factories – watch artisans creating unique masterpieces and enjoy haggling for souvenirs in the colourful bazaars of Jaipur
Day in Jaipur
Cherish the splendour of your Legacy of India Tour, with a tour of this princely city of Jaipur, which is built in 9 rectangular sectors symbolising 9 divisions of the universe, as per Indian cosmology
- Visit the splendid Amber fort, which was built in the 16th century. An elephant ride (subject to availability) will help you ascend to this hilltop fort. Alternatively, you could choose to walk or drive up to the fort.
- Photo stop at Hawa Mahal, the palace of winds. This palace consists of long corridors and a decorated facade with its innumerable windows and screened balconies, especially built for the royal women to view processions along the cities main street.
- Visit the City Palace complex, reflecting the architectural exuberance of Jaipur. The complex consists of a variety of museums and a part of the palace is still the royal residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur
- Visit Jantar Mantar, the ancient astronomical observatory
Drive to Delhi Airport (260 Kms / 7 Hrs) / DEPARTURE)
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Legacy of India Tour
- At leisure in Jaipur
- Drive to Delhi International Airport, to catch your flight back home