Forts of Rajasthan
Route : Delhi Mandawa Kuchaman Khimsar Jaisalmer Jodhpur Rohet Udaipur
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India.
Arrive in India, for your Forts of Rajasthan Tour.
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Forts of Rajasthan Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandani Chownk ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
to Mandawa, the open air art gallery of Rajasthan (260 Kms / 7 Hrs)
Experience rural Rajasthan in your Forts of Rajasthan Tour, visiting Mandawa, a small town famous for its ornate havelis.
- Drive to Mandawa, a quaint village in the heart of Shekhawati region. The village of Mandawa has preserved some of the finest examples of frescos and painted havelis in the region
- Discover Mandawa, visit the beautiful havelis, to appreciate the art of the bygone era
Drive to Kuchaman, a small town along the salt lake of Rajasthan (135 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Proceed towards the first fort destination of your Forts of Rajasthan Tour, visiting the Kuchaman fort.
- Drive to Kuchaman, a small town known for its impressive fort palace now converted into a hotel
- Explore the Kuchaman fort. The Kuchaman fort is a rare masterpiece of royal heritage. The Kuchamani artisans have stalls in the Meena Bazaar within the fort complex, selling exquisitely made handicrafts. The Fort also houses a museum of weapons and armour, beautiful miniature paintings, murals and gilded work.
Drive to Khimsar, a fort town on the sand dunes of Rajasthan (165 Kms / 3.5 Hrs)
Explore the arid desert of India on your Forts of Rajasthan Tour, visiting Khimsar a fort town situated amidst the sand dunes of Rajasthan.
- Drive to Khimsar. Upon arrival, check in at your hotel and freshen up.
- Explore the beautiful Khimsar fort in the Great Thar desert of Rajasthan
to Jaisalmer, the sand dunes paradise, popularly called ‘the golden city’ of
Rajasthan (290 Kms / 6.5 Hrs)
Proceed further west on your Forts of Rajasthan Tour, to visit the golden city of Jaisalmer.
- Drive to Jaisalmer.
- En route visit the magnificent Pokharan Fort
- Upon arrival check in at your desert camp in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer
- At leisure in your desert camp
Day in Jaisalmer
Experience the nomadic lifestyle in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer, on your Forts of Rajasthan Tour.
AM: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Jaisalmer, visiting
- The Jaisalmer Fort, the second oldest fort of Rajasthan
- The luxurious and splendid havelis (mansions) in the old city
- The exquisitely sculptured Jain Temples, which also house an emerald icon of Mahavira
- Enjoy a sunset camel safari to the sand dunes of Sam, followed by dinner with traditional cultural performance
to Jodhpur, the blue hued city of Rajasthan (290 Kms / 6.5 Hrs)
Experience the magnificence of your Forts of Rajasthan Tour, discovering Jodhpur, home to one of the largest forts of India, the Mehrangarh Fort.
- Drive to Jodhpur, the blue hued city of Rajasthan.
- Arrive Jodhpur. Check-in at hotel
- Rest of the day free to explore the colourful markets of Jodhpur on your own.
Drive to Rohet, a small village near Jodhpur (60 Kms / 1.5 Hrs)
Proceed to your next rural stop on your Forts of Rajasthan Tour, visiting Rohet, a small village near Jodhpur.
AM: Enjoy a city tour of Jodhpur, visiting
- The majestic Mehrangarh Fort that has fine views over the city
- Jaswant Thada, the white marble memorial of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II
- The fascinating museum at Umaid Bhawan Palace
- Drive to Rohet. Check-in at your hotel and freshen up.
- Enjoy a jeep safari to Bishnoi villages, to get a feel for the local lifestyle of Rajasthani villagers. Bishnoi’s are a village community of Rajasthan who are famous for their cultural lifestyle and their love for nature and animals. You get an opportunity to observe the village lifestyle and interact with villagers, shepherds, farmers and weavers of the region.
Drive to Udaipur, the serene lake city of Rajasthan (220 Kms / 4.5 Hrs)
Feel the serenity of your Forts of Rajasthan Tour, with a visit to Udaipur, the lake city of Rajasthan.
- Drive to Udaipur, a romantic city nestled in the scenic valley of Aravali hills, surrounded by three lakes: Lake Pichola, Fateh Sagar and Udai Sagar
- En route, stop at Ranakpur, to visit the famous Jain temples, known for their grand structures and exquisite sculptures. The main temple in the complex, Chaumukha Temple (Four Faced Temple), has 29 halls supported by 1444 intricately carved pillars, no two alike!
- Arrive Udaipur, check in at your hotel
- Enjoy an evening at leisure
Day in Udaipur
Discover Udaipur, on your Forts of Rajasthan Tour.
AM: Enjoy a city tour of Udaipur, visiting
- the City Palace, one of the largest palace complex in Rajasthan, which is now a museum, royal residence and luxury hotel
- Saheliyon-Ki-Bari, the beautiful garden of the maids of honour
- Jagdish Temple, showcasing fine examples of sculpted images and ornamented interiors
- Enjoy a boat cruise at Lake Pichola (subject to water level), viewing the sparkling white marble Lake Palace
to Chittaurgarh fort, the largest fort in India (115 Kms / 2 Hrs – One way)
Encounter the historic marvel of your Forts of Rajathan Tour, discovering the massive Chittaurgarh Fort in Mewar district of Rajasthan.
- Enjoy a full day excursion to Chittaurgarh fort, the largest fort of India and the best in Rajasthan. The splendid Chittaurgarh fort is also called the “Water Fort” because of the numerous water bodies in forms of lake, ponds, step wells etc that lies inside the premises of the fort.
- Return to your hotel in Udaipur for overnight stay
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Forts of Rajasthan Tour.
- This morning you will be transferred to the airport, to catch your flight to Delhi / Mumbai