Spiritual North India
Route : Delhi Amritsar Dharamshala Pragpur Chandigarh Delhi
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Spiritual North India Tour
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Spiritual North India Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandani Chowk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
Train to Amritsar, the reservoir of holy nectar
Continue to the next destination of your Spiritual North India Tour, with a visit to Amritsar.
- Rise early in the morning to catch your train to Amritsar.
- Arrive Amritsar, one of the most important pilgrimage sites in India. Amritsar is the religious and spiritual hub of Sikh religion with thousands of tourists and pilgrims flock this famous city every day.
- Check-in at hotel and enjoy an afternoon at leisure
- This evening, visit the sparkling Golden temple (Harmandir Sahib), the main attraction of Amritsar. This is the seat of power of Sikh religion, as one of the original hand written copy of the holy book of Sikhs ‘Guru Granth Sahib’ is worshipped here. The architectural beauty of the temple also attracts tourists. The temple is surrounded by a reservoir, believed to be holy water and the upper domes of the temple are coated in gold, giving the temple its name ‘The Golden temple’.
Day in Amritsar
Enjoy the epitome of your Spiritual North India Tour, with a day visit to the Golden Temple in Amritsar.
- Start your day with an early morning visit to the Golden temple. Today, you also get the opportunity to see the community kitchen, one of the prime concepts of Sikh religion.
- Later visit the Jallianwala Bagh memorial, the site where thousands of unarmed people were brutally massacred by the men of General Dyer’s army, during India’s independence movement.
- Enjoy an excursion to the Wagah border, the Indo-Pakistan border where the daily evening
‘lowering of the flags’ ceremony attracts a number of foreign as well as domestic tourists. This unique ceremony involves a parade by Indian Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers soldiers.
Drive to Dharamsala, The little Lhasa of India (210 Kms / 5 Hrs)
Proceed to the third hub your Spiritual North India Tour, visiting Dharamsala, the capital of the Dalai Lama in India.
- Drive to Dharamsala, the current residence of the Dalai Lama and the seat of power of the Tibet government in exile. Dharamsala is a beautiful hill station and an important pilgrimage site of Buddhists in India.
- Arrive Dharamsala, check in at your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day in Dharamsala
Experience tranquillity of your Spiritual North India Tour, with a visit to the peaceful monasteries of Dharamsala.
AM: Enjoy a walking tour to the monasteries of Dharamsala.
- Sip chai with the monks and discover their simple way of life
- Visit the monasteries of Mc Leodganj.
- Explore the local market for Tibetan handicrafts, Thangakas and garments
Drive to Pragpur, a delightful heritage village in the Himalayas (65 Kms / 2.5 Hrs)
Encounter heritage in your Spiritual North India Tour, with a visit to Pragpur, a delightful heritage village set in the Himalayas.
- Drive to Pragpur, a serene village in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, was given the status of Heritage village in 1997 by the state govt. The mud plastered houses, the uncobbled streets and old shops have helped maintain the old world charm of this unique village.
- Enjoy the day exploring the little village of Pragpur
Drive to Chandigarh (185 Kms / 4 Hrs); Train to Delhi
Complete your Spiritual North India Tour, with a drive to Chandigarh to catch your train to Delhi.
- Drive through the hills of Himachal and the plains and farmlands of Punjab, to arrive at Chandigarh railway station, where you will board your return train to Delhi.
- Arrive Delhi and transfer to hotel for overnight stay.
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Spiritual North India Tour.
- Enjoy a day at leisure in Delhi, indulging in some last minute shopping in this capital city of India.
- This evening, you will be transferred to the International airport to catch your flight back home.