Himalayan Moonland Tour
Route : Delhi Manali Keylong Sarchu Leh Delhi
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Himalayan Moonland Tour.
- Arrive Delhi.
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Himalayan Moonland Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandani Chowk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
Drive to Manali, the beautiful hill town of India.
Embark on thrilling mountainous trails of your Himalayan Moonland Tour, with a drive to Manali.
- Early this morning, embark on your drive to Manali, navigating your way through the lush green countryside, cheerful people, rustic villages and small busy towns en-route. As you approach Himachal, expect breathtaking sceneries, driving along River Beas all the way to Manali.
- Arrive Manali, check in at your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day in Manali
Enjoy your first day in the mountains, in your Himalayan Moonland Tour.
- Start your day with a visit to the Hadimba temple, the most sacred spot for the locals. This is a small pagoda style temple surrounded by tall deodar trees and stunning scenery. You can enjoy a pony ride or a serene nature walk to explore the beautiful surrounds.
- Later visit the lovely apple orchards in the hills.
- Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, taking nature walks or horse-rides to explore this beautiful hill town.
Drive to Keylong, the administrative centre of Lahaul & Spiti valley.
Experience the thrill of your Himalayan Moonland Tour, with an adventurous drive to Keylong.
- After breakfast, embark on your drive to Keylong. The drive from Manali to Keylong is claimed to be one of the most amazing drives of India. With breathtaking views, the roads get curvier and steeper as you gain altitude and see the landscape change from verdant hills to brazen snow covered mountains.
- Enjoy a brief stop at Rohtang Pass to appreciate the natural beauty and splendid Himalayan views
- Arrive Keylong, check in at your hotel and enjoy the evening at leisure
Drive to Sarchu, your next stop in the Himalayan ranges
Continue the thrill of your Himalayan Moonland Tour, with a spine chilling drive on the winding road to Sarchu.
- After breakfast drive to Sarchu passing the Barcha la pass. Get ready for extreme weather conditions and more steeper and serpentine mountain roads - this can be a real delight for an adventurous soul! See the amazing change of landscapes and notice the terrain becoming surprisingly plain, as you approach Sarchu.
- Arrive Sarchu and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Drive to Leh, the capital of Ladakh, popularly known as the Little Tibet.
Proceed to the cultural hub your Himalayan Moonland Tour, visiting Leh, the land of the Lamas and Gompas.
- Drive to Leh. Today’s drive has some more surprises in store for you – enroute, expect to encounter shepherds tending their sheep, mountain yak crossing the road, or a herd of pashmina goats obstructing your way. The views, people and serenity of the region, again are marvellous.
- Arrive Leh and enjoy a relaxing evening, acclimatizing to the high altitude.
Day in Leh
Encounter the cultural marvel of your Himalayan Moonland Tour, visiting the spectacular sights of Leh.
- Visit the Stok Palace museum, the current residence of the royal family of Ladakh
- Visit the Shanker Gompa, a relatively modern monastery
- Visit Shanti Stupa, the magnificent white domed pagoda of world peace built by the Japanese
- Wander around the Leh Bazaar, rubbing shoulders with the locals and enjoying the cultural interaction
Day in Leh
Continue discovering the monasteries of Leh on your Himalayan Moonland Tour.
AM & PM:
- Visit the Shey Monastery, containing a statue of Sankayani Budhha, one of its kind in the region.
- Visit the Thiksey monastery, the most beautiful monastery in Ladakh, belonging to the Gelupsa order. The annual Thiksey festival is held here in the month of October- November
- Hemis monastery, one of te largest monastery of Ladakh. This belongs to the Drukpa clan. The Hemis festival is held here every year in the month of June.
Day in Leh
Enjoy the epitome of your Himalayan Moonland Tour, with a day return trip on the Nubra road.
- Enjoy a scenic drive on Nubra Road. This road passing through the Khardung-La pass (18,380 ft) is the highest motorable road on the planet! Once dotted with garlands of camel and yak caravans, this erstwhile Silk Route stretch is also known as the 'Valley of Flowers' of Ladakh, and is amongst the greenest valleys.
- Stop for a cup of traditional Ladakhi Chai.
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Himalayan Moonland Tour.
- This morning, you will be transferred to the airport to catch your flight to New Delhi.
- Upon arrival in New Delhi, you will be transferred to the international airport to catch your flight back home.