Route : Delhi Haridwar Shimla Manali Dharamshala Amritsar Delhi
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Holy Himalayas Tour
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Holy Himalayas Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandini Chowk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
Drive to Haridwar/Rishikesh
Visit the spiritual hubs of Rishikesh and Haridwar, on your Holy Himalayas Tour
- After breakfast, drive to Rishikesh enroute visiting Haridwar.
- Enjoy a brief tour of Haridwar along with the beautiful evening aarti ceremony (rituals and prayers) along the ghats of River Ganges.
- Continue drive to Rishikesh and check in to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day in Rishikesh
Explore the spiritualism of Rishikesh, on your Holy Himalayas Tour.
AM & PM:
- The peace and tranquillity of a land associated with ‘rishi-munis’ (sages and holy men) and meditation, today, Rishikesh has become a centre for learning and research in yoga and meditation – the renowned Indian methods for wellbeing.
- Visit some of the popular yoga and Ayurveda centres of Rishikesh
Drive to Shimla
Enjoy a scenic mountain drive to Shimla, adding British touch to your Holy Himalayas Tour
- Drive to Shimla, the former summer capital of British India, set amidst the snow capped mountains, which offers stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Enjoy an evening at leisure in Shimla
Day in Shimla
Discover Shimla, on your Holy Himalayas Tour
AM: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Shimla, visiting
- the famous Christ Church, the second oldest church in Northern India
- Shimla State Museum, which houses a collection of miniature ‘Pahari’ paintings, sculptures, coins, woodcarvings and also costumes, textiles and jewellery of the region.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the Mall road, which provides you an opportunity to discover the local lifestyle of Shimla
Drive to Manali, the beautiful hill town of India.
Continue your Himalayan exploration visiting Manali, on your Holy Himalayas Tour
- Early this morning, embark on your drive to Manali, navigating your way through the lush green countryside, cheerful people, rustic villages and small busy towns en-route.
- En-route make a brief stop at Kunlun, a beautiful valley known for its natural hot water springs
- Arrive Manali, check in at your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day in Manali
Discover Manali, on your Holy Himalayas Tour
- Start your day with a visit to the Hadimba temple, the most sacred spot for the locals. This is a small pagoda style temple surrounded by tall deodar trees and stunning scenery. You can enjoy a pony ride or a serene nature walk to explore the beautiful surrounds.
- Later visit the lovely apple orchards in the hills.
- Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, taking nature walks or horse-rides to explore this beautiful hill town
Drive to Dharamsala, The little Lhasa of India.
Proceed to the next spiritual hub of your Holy Himalayas Tour, visiting Dharamsala, the capital of the Dalai Lama in India
- Drive to Dharamsala, the current residence of the Dalai Lama and the seat of power of the Tibet government in exile. Dharamsala is a beautiful hill station and an important pilgrimage site of Buddhists in India.
- Arrive Dharamsala, check in at your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day in Dharamsala
Experience tranquillity of your Holy Himalayas Tour, with a visit to the peaceful monasteries of Dharamsala.
- Enjoy a walking tour to the monasteries of Dharamsala.
- Sip chai with the monks and discover their simple way of life
- Visit the monasteries of Mc Leodganj.
- Explore the local market for Tibetan handicrafts, Thangakas and garments
Drive to Amritsar, the reservoir of holy nectar
Continue to the next destination of your Holy Himalayas Tour, with a visit to Amritsar
- Drive to Amritsar, one of the most important pilgrimage sites in India. Amritsar is the religious and spiritual hub of Sikh religion with thousands of tourists and pilgrims flock this famous city every day.
- On arrival, check-in at hotel and freshen up
- This evening, visit the sparkling Golden temple (Harmandir Sahib), the main attraction of Amritsar. This is the seat of power of Sikh religion, as one of the original hand written copy of the holy book of Sikhs ‘Guru Granth Sahib’ is worshipped here. The architectural beauty of the temple also attracts tourists. The temple is surrounded by a reservoir, believed to be holy water and the upper domes of the temple are coated in gold, giving the temple its name ‘The Golden temple’.
Day in Amritsar
Discover Amritsar on your Holy Himalayas Tour, starting with an early morning visit to the Golden Temple
- Start your day with an early morning visit to the Golden temple. Today, you also get the opportunity to see the community kitchen, one of the prime concepts of Sikh religion.
- Later visit the Jallianwala Bagh memorial, the site where thousands of unarmed people were brutally massacred by the men of General Dyer’s army, during India’s independence movement.
- Enjoy an excursion to the Wagah border, the Indo-Pakistan border where the daily evening ‘lowering of the flags’ ceremony attracts a number of foreign as well as domestic tourists. This unique ceremony involves a parade by Indian Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers soldiers.
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Holy Himalayas Tour
- Catch your early morning train to New Delhi
- This evening, you will be transferred to Delhi international airport to catch your flight back home