Route : Bangalore Mysore Wayanad Kannur Beypore Kochi Munnar Periyar Kumarakom Kovalam
Arrive Bangalore, the information technology capital of India
Arrive in India, for your Malabar Tour
- Arrive Bangalore
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Discover the first city of your Malabar Tour, pacing through Bangalore, the garden city of India
AM: Sightseeing of Bangalore, which includes a visit to
- The Government museum, one of the oldest museums in India.
- Vidhan Souda, the State Legislative Assembly, known for its beautiful architecture
- The Lal Bagh botanical garden which boasts of having the most diverse collection of plants in South Asia
- Enjoy an evening at leisure in Bangalore
to Mysore, a city known for its Dussehra celebration and sandalwood
industry (185 Kms / 4 Hrs)
Proceed further south on you Malabar Tour, with a visit to Mysore.
- Drive to Mysore, the city known for its famous Dussehra celebration and beautiful Mysore palace
- En-route visit Srirangapatnam, the island fortress that was once the capital of warrior-kings
- Arrive Mysore and check-in at hotel
- Enjoy an evening at leisure in Mysore
Day in Mysore
Cherish the splendour of your Malabar Tour, with a tour of the princely city of Mysore.
AM: Enjoy sightseeing of Mysore, which includes a visit to
- The Mysore Palace, one of the largest palaces in India
- The Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery, known for its exquisite paintings
- St Philomena Church
- Visit the Bull Temple and the Chamundeshwari temple at Chamundi hills.
to Wayanad (110 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Enter Kerala, Gods own country and discover the green town of Wayanad, on your Malabar Tour
- Drive to Wayanad, a town famous for its wildlife, ayurveda and plantation resorts and with a distinct culture of its own.
- En-route, visit a school of ‘Kalari’, a popular martial art form of south India.
- Upon arrival in Wayanad, check in at your hotel for 2 nights stay.
Refresh your senses with the fresh breeze of Wayanad, on your Malabar Tour
- Enjoy the serenity of Wayanad, visiting Lakkidi hill station, 700m above sea level
- Take a kilometer long trek in the hills and visit the 5000 year old Edakkal Caves
- Enjoy an evening at leisure
to Kannur, as small Kerala town by the beach
(115 Kms / 3.5 Hrs)
Discover the pristine beaches of Kerala, on your Malabar Tour
- Drive to Kannur, a coastal town known for its pristine beaches and handloom industry.
- On arrival in Kannur, check-in at hotel & freshen up
- Visit the famous “Hookah” factory of Kannur
Drive to Beypore, the coastal town famous for its ship building centre (105 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Experience the lifestyle of small coastal townships of Kerala, on your Malabar Tour
- Drive to Beypore a small coastal town known for centuries as the shipbuilding centre of south India, and famous for its country boats called "Uru".
- En-route visit Mahe, a former French settlement in India
- On arrival in Beypore, check-in at hotel for overnight stay
- Explore Beypore village with its port, ship building centre and beach.
to Kochi, queen of the Arabian Sea (175 Kms / 4.5 Hrs)
Mix with the culture of Kerala, on your Malabar Tour
- Visit Tasara, an institution dedicated to creative weaving. Tasara endeavours to deliver a contemporary touch to this age old form of art, by bringing together artists and weavers in an inspiring ambience, enabling both to break through the limitations of their own mediums.
- Embark on a scenic drive to Kochi, the commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala.
- On arrival in Kochi, check-in at your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Discover the city of Kochi, on your Malabar Tour
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kochi, visiting the Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Fort Cochin, St. Francis Church and Chinese fishing nets.
- Watch a spectacular Kathakali performance. Kathakali is one of the oldest theatre forms in India. It is a spectacular combination of drama, dance, music and ritual. Characters with vividly painted faces and elaborate costumes re-enact stories from the Hindu epics of Mahabharata and the Ramayana
Drive to Munnar, the beautiful hill town of Kerala. (145 Kms / 4.5 Hrs)
Embark on a scenic hill drive on your Malabar Tour, with a drive to Munnar.
- This morning, embark on your drive to Munnar, navigating your way through the lush green countryside, cheerful people, and small towns and villages en-route. Under the British Raj, Munnar was popularly called ‘Switzerland of India' for its natural surroundings and cool climate. The entire area is occupied by thick forests and tea estates. The specialty of Munnar is jungle honey, tea and a rare flower ‘Neela Kurunji’ which blooms once in 12 years.
- This afternoon, visit a local tea plantation and the Tata Tea Museum to learn about the cultivation and processing of a variety of Indian teas.
to Periyar, the spice plantation hub of Kerala (110 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Enjoy a scenic drive on your Malabar Tour, with a drive to Periyar
- Enjoy a scenic drive to Periyar, through the mountains and lush green countryside of Kerala.
- On arrival in Periyar, check in at your hotel and freshen up
- Enjoy a spice plantation tour and learn about the mystery and history of Indian spices. You also get the opportunity to shop for fragrant spices at a local market.
- This evening, visit the Periyar Wildlife sanctuary, one of the finest elephant reserves of south India. Take a boat cruise on the serene Lake Periyar, spotting migratory birds and local wildlife around the lake.
to Kumarakom, the coastal backwaters hub of Kerala. Board your Backwaters
Houseboat (125 Kms / 3.5 Hrs)
Experience the tranquillity of your Malabar Tour, with a houseboat cruise along the backwaters of Kerala
- Drive to Kumarakom, a coastal town in the backwaters of Kerala.
- On arrival, board your houseboat to cruise through the backwaters of Kerala.
- Kerala backwaters consist of a complex network of lagoons, lakes, & canals and are best experienced while slowly rowing down the labyrinth of canals in a traditional thatch-roofed houseboat, known as 'Kettuvallam'. See life on the banks, lush green rice fields, and coconut groves with occasional temple or church as you cruise through the canals. Enjoy the special Kerala style meals prepared by your chef on board. Overnight stay at houseboat.
to the beach paradise of Kovalam. (185 Kms / 5 Hrs)
Exerience the epitome of your Malabar Tour, discovering the serene beaches of Kovalam
- After breakfast, disembark your houseboat at Thothapally & drive to Kovalam, one of the most serene and beautiful beaches of south India.
- Enjoy a day at leisure, pampering yourself with the various Ayurveda and Spa treatments offered by your resort in Kovalam.
Relax and rejuvenate in Kovalam.
Experience the rejuvenation marvels of your Malabar Tour, relaxing in Kovalam
AM & PM:
- The beautiful beaches of Kovalam are still far from being commercialized or packed with tourists. Today, enjoy a day at leisure to relax and unwind by the tranquil beaches of Kovalam or enjoy the various facilities offered by your hotel
Big goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Malabar Tour
- This morning, you will be transferred to Trivandrum airport to catch your flight back home