Gems of Kerala and Srilanka
Route : Kochi Periyar Alleppey Kovalam Colombo Sigiriya Kandy Nuwara Eliya Colombo
Arrive Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala
Arrive in Kochi, for your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour
- Arrive Kochi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Kochi
Experience the richness of heritage of your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, with a tour of the vibrant city Kochi
- Enjoy a sightseeing of Kochi visiting the famous Dutch Palace, Fort Kochi, Jewish Synagogue, St Francis Church and the famous Chinese fishing nets, the only one of their kind in India
- Enjoy a spectacular Kathakali dance performance in the evening. Kathakali is one of the oldest classical dance forms of India. The artists dressed in elaborate costumes with vividly painted faces enact the stories from Ramayana and Mahabharata through this dance form.
Drive to Periyar, the spice plantation hub of Kerala
Sense the spicy aromas of your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, with a visit to Periyar, the spice plantation county of Kerala
- Drive to Periyar. On arrival, check-in at your hotel and freshen up
- Enjoy a spice plantation tour to the nearby plantations, enriching yourself with knowledge of Indian spices.
Board your backwaters houseboat in Alleppey
Experience the tranquillity of your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, with a houseboat cruise along the backwaters of Kerala
- Enjoy an early morning visit to the Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary, a popular elephant reserve of South India. Take a boat cruise at Lake Periyar, spotting beautiful migratory birds and wild animals along the banks of the lake. You can see herds of elephants passing through the jungles or enjoying a leisurely bath in the river.
- After breakfast drive to Alleppey, the coastal town in the backwaters of Kerala.
- On arrival in Alleppey, board your houseboat to cruise through the backwaters of Kerala.
- Kerala backwaters consist of a complex network of lagoons, lakes, & canals and are best experienced while slowly rowing down the labyrinth of canals in a traditional thatch-roofed houseboat, known as 'Kettuvallam'. See life on the banks, lush green rice fields, and coconut groves with occasional temple or church as you cruise through the canals. Enjoy the special Kerala style meals prepared by your chef on board. Overnight stay at houseboat.
Drive to the beach paradise of Kovalam
Experience the epitome of your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, discovering the serene beaches of Kovalam
- After breakfast, disembark your houseboat & drive to Kovalam, one of the most serene and beautiful beaches of south India.
- Enjoy a day at leisure, pampering yourself with the various Ayurveda and Spa treatments offered by your resort in Kovalam.
Relax and rejuvenate in Kovalam
Experience the rejuvenation marvels of your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, relaxing in Kovalam
AM & PM:
- The beautiful beaches of Kovalam are still far from being commercialized or packed with tourists. Today, enjoy a day at leisure to relax and unwind by the tranquil beaches of Kovalam or enjoy the various facilities offered by your hotel
Fly to Colombo, Drive to Sigirya
Arrive in Srilanka, for your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour
- After breakfast , transfer to Trivandrum airport to board your flight to Colombo
- Arrive Colombo and drive to Sigirya, a UNESCO world heritage site also known for its ancient paintings or frescoes.
- Enroute visit the fishing village in Negombo, the centre of Srilanka’s fishing community.
- On arrival in Sigirya, check-in at hotel for overnight stay
Day in Sigirya, an ancient rock fortress in Srilanka
Continue your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, with a tour to Sigirya, a popular tourist destination famous for its Rock fort and ancient frescoes
AM: Sightseeing tour of Sigirya includes,
- a visit to the Sigirya Rock, The Lion Rock surrounded by the remains of an extensive network of gardens, reservoirs, and other structures. The Lion Rock is a citadel of unusual beauty, rising 200m from the scrub jungles.
- See the world famous frescoes of the ‘Heavenly maidens’ of Sigiriya in a sheltered pocket of the rock. On the western and northern sides of the steep rock, runs a gallery. Shielding this gallery is a 91/2 ft. plaster wall also known as the Mirror Wall in which one can see one's reflection.
- Drive to Polonnaruwa, the medieval capital of Srilanka
- Take a tour of this historic city. Visit the well preserved ruins of the ancient palaces, halls, viharas, royal pavilions sculptures, beautiful parks and water reservoirs
- Drive back to Sigirya for overnight stay
Drive to Kandy, the cultural capital of Srilanka
Proceed to the cultural hub of your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, visiting Kandy, the cultural capital of Srilanka and one of the most scenic cities of Srilanka.
- Drive to Kandy.
- Enroute visit the rock cave temple of Dambulla. Dambulla a part of the Cultural Triangle declared by UNESCO is the most impressive of Sri Lanka's cave temples. The Cave contains over 150 images of Buddha including a colossal figure of Buddha spanning 14 metres.
- Also stop at Matale to visit the spice gardens and a batik factory.
- Continue drive to Kandy.
- On arrival check-in at hotel for overnight stay.
Day in Kandy (Excursion to Pinnawela)
Discover Pinnawela and the delights of Kandy on your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour
- Enjoy an excursion to the Elephant Orphanage at Pinnawela. This Orphanage was set up in 1975 by the Wildlife department of Srilanka to rescue and rehabilitate elephants orphanaged by the poachers. This 24 acres large elephant orphanage is also breeding place for elephants, and has the greatest herd of elephants in captivity in the world.
PM: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy, which includes a visit to
- The Temple of Tooth, where the sacred relic of tooth of Lord Buddha is enshrined. This is the most important Buddhist temple in Srilanka.
- The Royal Palace, housing the National Museum of Kandy which contains artefacts from the ancient Kandy kingdom and British colonial rule
- Drive along the upper lake to enjoy a panoramic view of the lake and the surrounding area.
Drive to Nuwara Eliya, a popular hill station in Srilanka
Embark on a scenic hill drive on your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, with a drive to Nuwara Eliya, also known as the England of Srilanka
- Drive to Nuwara Eliya.
- Enroute visit the Botanical garden at Peradeniya, which contains more than 4000 species of plants and is believed to have the largest collection of orchids in Asia.
- Later visit a tea plantation and learn the secret of making of the famous “Ceylon tea”.
- Arrive Nuwara Eliya, check-in at hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure
Drive to Colombo, the commercial capital of Srilanka.
Complete your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour, with a visit to Colombo, a vibrant and bustling city with a mix of modern lifestyle and colonial culture.
- Drive to Colombo, the main city of Srilanka
- On arrival check-in at hotel and freshen up.
PM: Sightseeing tour of Colombo, includes a visit to
- The Fort area, the busy city centre of Colombo built by the Portuguese in the 16th century
- The busy market and bazaars of Pettah or the “outer fort”.
- A Hindu and a Buddhist temple
- A Dutch Church
- Drive past the Town Hall, the Independence Square and B.M.I.C.H (International Convention Centre).
Bid goodbye to Srilanka, as you reach the finale of your Gems of Kerala and Srilanka Tour
- Transfer to airport, to catch your flight back home