Hidden Treasures of Central India
Route : Delhi Varanasi Khajuraho Bhopal Indore Maheshwar Aurangabad Mumbai
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandini Chowk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
Fly to Varanasi, the oldest living city in the world
Proceed to the spiritual hub of your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, visiting Varanasi, the oldest living city of the world
- Catch your flight to Varanasi, the spiritual capital of India (also known as Kashi and Benaras).
- Arrive Varanasi, check in at your hotel and freshen up
- This evening, enjoy a rickshaw ride to the ghats to see the grand ‘Aarti’ ceremony conducted everyday at sunset by white-robed priests. The young priests sway in seemingly choreographed movements, worshiping the river goddess with incense, flowers and earthen lamps.
Day in Varanasi
Witness the power of faith in your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, by discovering the spiritual charm of Varanasi
- At leisure in Varanasi
Fly to Khajuraho, the birthplace of Kamasutra
Amaze your senses on your Classic North India Tour, with a visit to the exotic temples of Khajuraho
- Visit the enchanting temples of Khajuraho, with sculptures that draw their inspiration from the ancient art of Kama sutra. Khajuraho Temples were built by the Chandela kings between 950 AD and 1050 AD.
Catch an express train to Bhopal, the capital city of Madhya Pradesh
See the Indian heritage on your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, visiting the medieval city of Orchha enroute to Bhopal
to Jhansi (185 Kms / 4.5 Hrs) to board your train to Bhopal.
- En route to Jhansi, visit Orchha, a medieval riverside town known for its shrines and temples
- Board your train to Bhopal.
- Arrive Bhopal, check-in at hotel
Day in Bhopal
On this day of your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, discover the city of Bhopal and surrounding sites.
PM: Visit the local sights of Bhopal, including
- Taj-ul- Masjid, the crown of mosques
- Jamma Masjid & the Moti Masjid
- Drive past the Bhopal Lake, a popular evening joint for the locals
Drive to Indore, a major industrial and commercial centre of central India (195 Kms / 4.5 Hrs)
Encounter the historic marvel of your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, discovering Indore, the erstwhile capital of the Holkars Marathas
- Drive to Indore, the city known for it brave Maratha queen, Ahilya Bai, who took over the commands of the state after the untimely death of her husband.
- En route to Indore, visit the temples of Ujjain, one of the seven sacred cities of Hindu’s
PM: Enjoy a sightseeing of Indore, which includes a visit to
- Kanch ka Mandir or the temple of mirrors.
- The Lal bagh palace.
Drive to Maheshwar, the city known for its handwoven Maheshwari sarees. (290 Kms / 5.5 Hrs)
On this day of your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, visit Mandu, en-route to Maheshwar, an historic town on the banks of river Narmada.
- Drive to Maheshwar, en-route visiting Mandu, a beautiful historic city often referrered to as the celebration in stone, because of its beautiful architectural structures. Mandu has one the most impressive collection of Afghan art in India
- Arrive Maheshwar, check in at hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure
Day in Maheshwar and excursion to Omkareshwar
Experience the mysticism of your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, with a visit to the sacred island of Omkareshwar
- Enjoy a boat ride to Omkareshwar, a holy island shaped like “OM”, the most sacred word of the Hindu religion. This island is an important pilgrimage site of worshippers of Lord Shiva, as it one of the 12 Jyotirlingam (Symbols of light) of Hinduism
- Visit the temples of Maheshwar.
Drive to Aurangabad, the gateway to historic caves and most beautiful Buddhist sculptures (340 Kms / 7.5 Hrs)
Continue the quest of heritage on your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, driving to Aurangabad, home to the famous Ajanta & Ellora caves
- Drive to Aurangabad, the city famous for the world heritage sites of Ajanta and Ellora
- Upon arrival, check in at your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure
Day in Aurangabad
Enjoy the epitome of your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, with a visit to the world heritage site of Ajanta caves
- Visit the Ajanta Caves, an architectural masterpiece near Aurangabad listed under the UNESCO world heritage sites. These are a group of 30 caves, all dedicated to Buddhism. The caves are decorated with beautiful paintings illustrating the life of Buddha.
PM: Enjoy a city tour of Aurangabad, visiting
- Bibi ka Maqbara, the tomb dedicated to Begum Rabia Durani, wife of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb. The structure of the tomb is strikingly similar to the Taj Mahal in Agra.
- The Daultabad Fort, known for its trick defences and secret escape routes.
Fly to Mumbai
Complete your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour, visiting the Ellora caves and flying to Mumbai
- Enjoy an excursion to the Ellora caves, a UNESCO world heritage sites popular for it rock cut temples and caves, dedicated to Buddhist, Hindu & Jain religion. These rock cut caves are known for their exquisite carvings and details. The most popular among the caves is the the Kailashnath temple, the largest monolithic structure in the world.
- Transfer to the airport to catch your flight to Mumbai.
- Upon arrival in Mumbai, check in at your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Hidden Treasures of Central India Tour
AM: Discover Mumbai, visiting
- Prince of Wales Museum, built in 1905 to commemorate King George V's first visit to India. The museum houses archaeological findings dating back to 2,000 BC from the Indus Valley civilisation and has a fine collection of Indian arts and artefacts
- Gateway of India, the arch of triumph and Mumbai’s principal landmark
- Mani Bhawan, the place where Mahatma Gandhi lived for more than a decade. Popularly called The Gandhi Museum, Mani Bhawan preserves a large collection of Mahatma Gandhi's books, photographs and personal belongings.
- Bustling Dhobi Ghats, where hundreds of men and their families are engaged in the family business of washing the dirties of Mumbai!
- Enjoy some last minute shopping in Mumbai.
- Transfer to airport, to catch your flight back home.