Gourmet Delights of North India
Route : Delhi Agra Jaipur Mumbai Goa
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandani Chownk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India. Stop for a quick bite at a famous Indian fast food joint, where you will sample age old delicacies of North India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship. Visit the communal kitchen at the Gurudwara and savour the mouth watering ‘lunger’, a trademark ritual of Sikh tradition offering free meals to all devotees
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
- Tonight, cherish a typical north Indian meal at a local restaurant OR opt for a home cooked meal at dinner with a local family
Drive to Agra, land of the Taj Mahal (205 Kms / 4 Hrs)
Continue to the second highlight of your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour, discovering the Mughal city of Agra, home to the beautiful wonder of the world, the Taj Mahal
- Drive to Agra, enroute visit Sikandra, the tomb of Mughal Emperor Akbar
- Afternoon at leisure
- Optional: watch a fantastic show “Mohabbat the Taj – The saga of love”, staging the largest replica of the Taj Mahal, and presenting the Taj in its various shades and seasons.
- Tonight before dinner, we take you inside the kitchen of a leading Agra restaurant. Enjoy a special tête-à-tête with the chef and see the process of ‘roti’ preparation.
Day in Agra
Enjoy the epitome of your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour, with a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
- Rise early to experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the eternal symbol of love, the Taj Mahal. Often referred to as a poem in white marble, Taj Mahal displays the saga of love between Emperor Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.
- Visit Agra fort, which is built in red sandstone and has magnificent palaces, halls of public and private audience and beautiful gardens
- Visit marble inlay workshops – watch artisans creating magical beauty with marble and indulge in exquisite shopping in this historic city of Agra
Drive to Jaipur, the pink capital city of Rajasthan (240 Kms / 5 Hrs)
Visit the pink city of Jaipur on your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour
- Drive to Jaipur, enroute visiting Fatehpur Sikri, the crowning glory of Emperor Akbar's architectural legacy. Built in red sandstone, its numerous palaces, halls, and structures exemplify the creativity of erstwhile Mughal emperors.
- Enjoy a spectacular view of 7th – 8th century Abhaneri Stepwells
- Enjoy a heritage walk in the old city of Jaipur, seeing life along the small alleys and by-lanes. Interact with the local artisans enamelling jewels with local ‘meenakari’ work, along with goldsmiths and silversmiths of the region
- Visit gems, jewels and carpet weaving factories – watch artisans creating unique masterpieces and enjoy haggling for souvenirs in colourful bazaars of Jaipur
- Tonight, learn the art of Rajasthani cooking with a cooking demonstration followed by dinner at a local family home in Jaipur
Day in Jaipur
Cherish the splendour of your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour, with a tour of this princely city of Jaipur, which is built in 9 rectangular sectors symbolising 9 divisions of the universe, as per Indian cosmology
- Visit the splendid Amber fort, which was built in the 16th century. An elephant ride (subject to availability) will help you ascend to this hilltop fort. Alternatively, you could choose to walk or drive up to the fort.
- Photo stop at Hawa Mahal, the palace of winds. This palace consists of long corridors and a decorated facade with its innumerable windows and screened balconies, especially built for the royal women to view processions along the cities main street.
- Visit the City Palace complex, reflecting the architectural exuberance of Jaipur. The complex consists of a variety of museums and a part of the palace is still the royal residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur
- Visit Jantar Mantar, the ancient astronomical observatory
- Enjoy a traditional Rajasthani Thali dinner at a local restaurant in Jaipur
Fly to Mumbai, the fast paced commercial and celluloid capital of India.
Fly to Mumbai, on your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour
- Enjoy a morning at leisure in Jaipur
- Drive to the airport to catch your flight to Mumbai
- Arrive Mumbai, check in at your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure
- Relish dinner at a local Mumbai restaurant
Day in Mumbai
Discover Mumbai on your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour
- Cruise the Arabian sea to arrive at the island of Elephanta for a visit to the Great Cave Temple, which dates back to 550 A.D. Elephanta’s most striking figure represents the three aspects of Lord Shiva – the creator, preserver and destroyer.
PM: Discover Mumbai, visiting
- Prince of Wales Museum, built in 1905 to commemorate King George V's first visit to India. The museum houses archaeological findings dating back to 2,000 BC from the Indus Valley civilisation and has a fine collection of Indian arts and artefacts
- Gateway of India, the arch of triumph and Mumbai’s principal landmark
- Mani Bhawan, the place where Mahatma Gandhi lived for more than a decade. Popularly called The Gandhi Museum, Mani Bhawan preserves a large collection of Mahatma Gandhi's books, photographs and personal belongings
- Bustling Dhobi Ghats, where hundreds of men and their families are engaged in the family business of washing the dirties of Mumbai!
Fly to Goa, the beach haven of India
- Catch your flight to Goa, the beach haven of India
- On arrival, check in at your hotel and freshen up
- Take a boat cruise on River Mandovi, a pleasant way to spend an enjoyable evening in Goa.
- Dine at a local Goan shack serving fresh catch of the day prepared in speciality Goan spices
Discover the people, culture, heritage and food of Goa, on your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour
- Take a half day tour of new and old Goa seeing the typical Portuguese Goan architecture and the Basilica of Bom Jesus, where the remains of St Francis Xavier lie in a dazzling silver casket.
- Enjoy your time at leisure to relax on the beach or pamper yourself with the various facilities offered by your hotel.
- The Goan food and Fenny (a speciality Goan liquor made from coconut) along with the lovely Goan people and warm coastal climate will pamper you to the max! Visit a local Goan family for a cooking demonstration of Goan food, followed by scrumptious dinner.
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Gourmet Delights of North India Tour
- This morning, you will be transferred to Goa airport to catch your flight for onward destination