Beauty of Kerala - Package Detail
Beauty of Kerala
Route : Kochi Munnar Periyar Kumarakom House Boat Kovalam
9 Days / 8 Nights
Arrive Kochi, the queen of the Arabian Sea
Arrive in India, for your Beauty of Kerala Tour.
- Arrive Kochi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Kochi
Discover the first city of your Beauty of Kerala Tour, pacing through Kochi, the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala.
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kochi, visiting the Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Fort Cochin, St. Francis Church and Chinese fishing nets.
- Watch a spectacular Kathakali performance. Kathakali is one of the oldest theatre forms in India. It is a spectacular combination of drama, dance, music and ritual. Characters with vividly painted faces and elaborate costumes re-enact stories from the Hindu epics of Mahabharata and the Ramayana
Drive to Munnar, the beautiful hill town of Kerala
Embark on a scenic hill drive on your Beauty of Kerala Tour, with a drive to Munnar.
- This morning, embark on your drive to Munnar, navigating your way through the lush green countryside, cheerful people, and small towns and villages en-route. Under the British Raj, Munnar was popularly called ‘Switzerland of India' for its natural surroundings and cool climate. The entire area is occupied by thick forests and tea estates. The specialty of Munnar is jungle honey, tea and a rare flower ‘Neela Kurunji’ which blooms once in 12 years.
- This afternoon, visit a local tea plantation and the Tata Tea Museum to learn about the cultivation and processing of a variety of Indian teas.
Drive to Periyar, the spice plantaion hub of Kerala
Enjoy a scenic drive on your Beauty of Kerala Tour, with a drive to Periyar.
- Enjoy a scenic drive to Periyar, through the mountains and lush green countryside of Kerala.
- On arrival in Periyar, check in at your hotel and freshen up.
- Enjoy a spice plantation tour and learn about the mystery and history of Indian spices. You also get the opportunity to shop for fragrant spices at a local market.
- This evening, visit the Periyar Wildlife sanctuary, one of the finest elephant reserves of south India. Take a boat cruise on the serene Lake Periyar, spotting migratory birds and local wildlife around the lake.
Drive to Kumarakom, the coastal backwaters hub of Kerala
Experience the serenity of your Beauty of Kerala Tour, with a visit to the calm coastal town of Kumarakom.
- After breakfast drive to Kumarakom, the coastal town in the backwaters of Kerala. On arrival, check-in at your hotel and freshen up.
- This afternoon visit one of Asia's largest freshwater lakes spreads across the land of green magic, Kerala. Vembanad Kayal, as it is called in the regional language, acts as a giant reservoir, a balancing tank against floods, and a major ecological resource, which has conditioned the flora, fauna and lifestyles of the people who live on its banks. Its wooded banks, chirping birds, fishermen with large palm-leaf hats, and the shallow edges where women immersed upto their necks in water searching for the shy but tasty Karimeen fish, will tempt you to explore more. The boats that ply, on the Vembanad vary from the large stitched-hull, cargo carriers with domed mat-roofs to houseboats.
Board your Backwaters Houseboat in Kumarakom
Experience the tranquillity of your Beauty of Kerala Tour, with a houseboat cruise along the backwaters of Kerala.
AM & PM:
- After breakfast, board your houseboat to cruise through the backwaters of Kerala.
- Kerala backwaters consist of a complex network of lagoons, lakes, & canals and are best experienced while slowly rowing down the labyrinth of canals in a traditional thatch-roofed houseboat, known as 'Kettuvallam'. See life on the banks, lush green rice fields, and coconut groves with occasional temple or church as you cruise through the canals. Enjoy the special Kerala style meals prepared by your chef on board. Overnight stay at houseboat.
Drive to the beach paradise of Kovalam
Experience the epitome of your Beauty of Kerala Tour, discovering the serene beaches of Kovalam.
- After breakfast, disembark your houseboat & drive to Kovalam, one of the most serene and beautiful beaches of south India.
- Enjoy a day at leisure, pampering yourself with the various Ayurveda and Spa treatments offered by your resort in Kovalam.
Relax and rejuvenate in Kovalam
Experience the rejuvenation marvels of your Beauty of Kerala Tour, relaxing in Kovalam.
AM & PM:
- The beautiful beaches of Kovalam are still far from being commercialized or packed with tourists. Today, enjoy a day at leisure to relax and unwind by the tranquil beaches of Kovalam or enjoy the various facilities offered by your hotel
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Beauty of Kerala Tour.
- This morning, you will be transferred to Trivandrum airport to catch your flight back home