Mumbai to Kerala Tour
Route : Mumbai Bangalore Chickmagaluru Mysore Ooty Calicut Kochi Periyar Kumarakom Kovalam Trivandrum
Arrive Mumbai, the fast paced commercial and celluloid capital of India.
Arrive in India, for your Mumbai to Kerala Tour
- Arrive Mumbai
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Mumbai
Discover the first city of your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, pacing through Mumbai, one of the most cosmopolitan city of India
- Cruise the Arabian sea to arrive at the island of Elephanta for a visit to the Great Cave Temple, which dates back to 550 A.D. Elephanta’s most striking figure represents the three aspects of Lord Shiva – the creator, preserver and destroyer.
PM: Discover Mumbai, visiting
- Prince of Wales Museum, built in 1905 to commemorate King George V's first visit to India. The museum houses archaeological findings dating back to 2,000 BC from the Indus Valley civilisation and has a fine collection of Indian arts and artefacts
- Gateway of India, the arch of triumph and Mumbai’s principal landmark
- Mani Bhawan, the place where Mahatma Gandhi lived for more than a decade. Popularly called The Gandhi Museum, Mani Bhawan preserves a large collection of Mahatma Gandhi's books, photographs and personal belongings
- Bustling Dhobi Ghats, where hundreds of men and their families are engaged in the family business of washing the dirties of Mumbai!
Fly to Bangalore, the information technology capital of India
Proceed to the second highlight of your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, visiting Bangalore, the hi-tech city of India.
- Catch your flight to Bangalore, the hi tech city, which is also called the Garden city of India because of its beautiful gardens
- Arrive Bangalore, check in at your hotel and freshen up
PM: Sightseeing of Bangalore which includes a visit to:
- The Government museum, one of the oldest museum in India.
- Vidhan Souda, The State Legislative Assembly, known for its beautiful architecture
- The Lal Bagh botanical garden which boasts of having the most diverse collection of plant species in South Asia
Drive to Chikmagalur, the coffee plantation hub of India (250 Kms / 6 Hrs)
Encounter the historic marvel of your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, discovering the Hoysala temples at Belur and Halebid
- Drive to Chikmangalur, a beautiful hill station, and the coffee plantation hub in India
- En-route visit the Hoysala temple complex at Belur. These temples are rich in beautiful sculptures and intricate carving, the most popular among them being The Chennakesava temple, a temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Also visit the temple complex at Halebid, the erstwhile capital of Hoysala rulers. The Hoysaleswara Temple here perched on a star-shaped base amidst lawns, is a sculptural extravaganza.
- Arrive Chikmangalur, check-in at hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure
Day in Chikmagalur
Rejuvenate your senses on your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, with a visit to the coffee plantations of Chikmagalur
- Enjoy a guided tour of coffee plantations in the region.
- Evening at leisure to relax in the serene environment of this beautiful town.
Drive to Mysore, a city known for its dussehra celebration and sandalwood industry (180 Kms / 4.5 Hrs)
Cherish the splendour of your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, with a tour to the princely city of Mysore.
- Drive to Mysore, a city known for its famous Dussehera celebration and its beautiful palace
- Arrive Mysore, check-in at hotel and freshen up.
PM: Enjoy sightseeing of Mysore, which includes a visit to
- The Mysore Palace, one of the largest palace in India.
- The Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery, known for its exquisite paintings
- The Bull Temple and The Chamundeshwari temple at Chamundi hills.
Drive to Ooty, the queen of Nilgiri Hills (135 Kms / 4 Hrs)
Delight yourself with the beauty of Mumbai to Kerala Tour, with a visit to Ooty, a small hill station of south India, popularly called the queen of Nilgiri hills.
- Drive to Ooty, a beautiful hill station nestled in the Nilgiri Hills
- Enroute visit tea plantations and factory, learning the secrets of a perfect brew
- Arrive Ooty, check-in at hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure in the serenity of Ooty
Drive to Calicut, an important trading centre of spices in India (160 Kms / 5 Hrs)
Discover unexplored heritage in your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, with a visit to Beypore, the oldest port in Kerala
- Drive to Calicut.
- Arrive Calicut, check-in at hotel and freshen up
- Take an excursion to Beypore, the oldest port in Kerala. This small coastal town is known for its ancient ship making art which originated here almost 1500 years ago. The wooden country boats manufacture here, called "Uru", are used for fishing, trading as also for plying tourists.
Day in Calicut
Discover ancient forms of art in your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, by visiting the weaving centre at Tasara and discovering Kalari, the ancient martial art form of Kerala
- Enjoy a visit to Tasara, an institution dedicated to creative weaving.
- Also visit a nearby school of Kalari, an ancient martial art form practised in Kerala.
- Enjoy a sunset backwater cruise in the backwaters of Kerala.
Drive to Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala (190 Kms / 5.5 Hrs)
Enjoy the epitome of your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, with a visit to Kochi, the bustling coastal town of Kerala
- Drive to Kochi, the main trading port of Kerala
- Arrive Kochi, check-in at hotel and freshen up
- Enjoy an evening at leisure in Kochi
Day in Kochi
Experience the richness of heritage of your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, with a tour of the vibrant city Kochi
AM: Sightseeing of Kochi includes a visit to
- The famous Dutch Palace
- Fort Kochi
- Jewish Synagogue
- St Francis Church
- The famous Chinese fishing nets, the only one of their kind in India
- Enjoy a spectacular Kathakali dance performance in the evening. Kathakali is one of the oldest classical dance forms of India. The artists dressed in elaborate costumes with vividly painted faces enact the stories from Ramayana and Mahabharata through this dance form.
Drive to Periyar, the spice plantation hub of Kerala (180 Kms / 5 Hrs)
Sense the spicy aromas of your South India Tour, with a visit to Periyar, the spice plantation county of Kerala
- Drive to Periyar. On arrival, check-in at your hotel and freshen up
- Enjoy a spice plantation tour to the nearby plantations, enriching yourself with knowledge of Indian spices.
Drive to Alleppey (130 Kms / 4 Hrs), Experience the backwaters aboard your traditional thatched roof Kerala style Houseboat
Enjoy the epitome of your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, with an overnight cruise through the backwaters of Kerala
- Visit the Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary, a popular elephant reserve of South India. Enjoy a boat cruise at Lake Periyar, spotting beautiful migratory birds and wild animals along the banks of the lake. You can see herds of elephants passing through the jungles or enjoying a leisurely bath in the river.
- Drive to Kumarakom, a backwater paradise in Kerala
- On arrival in Kumarakom, board the traditional thatched-roofed houseboats, also known as ‘Kettuvalams’.
- Cruise through the backwaters of Kerala, a complex network of lagoons, canals & lakes. Reckoned as one of the best ways to experience Kerala, a cruise through the backwaters, offers unmatched experiences and sights of verdant paddy fields, coconut groves and local villagers engaged in their daily chores, giving you a first hand experience of life along the backwaters
Drive to Kovalam, a popular beach destination in Kerala (170 Kms / 4.5 Hrs)
Relax and unwind on your Mumbai to Kerala Tour, with a visit to Kovalam, a popular beach destination in Kerala
- After breakfast, disembark your houseboat at Alleppey.
- Take a leisurely drive to Kovalam, the famous beach destination of Kerala
- Arrive Kovalam, check-in at resort
- Rest of the day at leisure to enjoy the sun & sand at the beach or enjoy the various treatments and facilities offered by your resort.
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Mumbai to Kerala Tour
- Drive to Trivandrum airport, to catch your flight back home.