Route : Hyderabad Gulbarga Bijapur Badami Hampi Goa
Arrive Hyderabad, the city of the Nizams
Arrive in India, for your Deccan Delight Tour
- Arrive Hyderabad
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Hyderabad
Discover the first city of your Deccan Delight Tour, pacing through Hyderabad, the city know for its cultural sophistication and succulent lamb biryanis.
- Enjoy an excursion to the famous Golconda fort. This massive fort was built by King Qutab Quli Shah Wali as a defence against the Mughal invasion from the north. The highlight of the Golconda fort is its fantastic acoustic system which is designed as such that a hand clap at a certain point from the entrance can be heard at Bala Hissar, the highest point of the fort. This system was designed to work as a warning note to the royals in case of any invasion or attacks.
PM: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Hyderabad, which includes a visit to
- The Charminar, an impressive structure with four minarets that dominates the skyline of Hyderabad. Char Minar was the structure around which the whole city of Hyderabad was designed. It is believed that the Char Minar was built to mark an end to plague in Hyderabad.
- The Mecca Masjid, one of the oldest and largest mosques of India.
- Salar Jung museum, the third largest museum in India, showcasing an exquisite collection of priceless antiques like ivory, marble sculptures collected from all over the world. Now a national museum, the Salar Jung museum was a private collection of Salar Jung II, the prime Minister of the seventh Nizam of Hyderabad, whose passion led him to spend a substantial part of his income and life to collect exotic pieces of art from all over the world.
Drive to Gulbarga, the capital of erstwhile Bahamani kingdom
Encounter the historic marvel of your Deccan Delight Tour, discovering the Bahamani architectures at Bidar and Gulbarga
- Drive to Gulbarga
- En route visit the ruins of the magnificent Bidar fort, known for its intricate battlement and baronial bastion
- Arrive Gulbarga, check-in at hotel and freshen up.
- Visit the Gulbarga fort, which though in ruins still retains its old splendour. The most remarkable structure inside the fort is the Jamma Masjid which resembles the mosque of Cordoba in Spain
Drive to Bijapur, home to the famous Gol Gumbaj.
Cherish the splendour of your Deccan Delight Tour, with a tour of the princely city of Bijapur.
- Drive to Bijapur, erstwhile capital of the Adil Shahi dynasty of India
- Arrive Bijapur, check-in at hotel & freshen up
- Visit the Gol Gumbaz, the tomb of Mohammad Adil Shah. The Gol Gumbaz has the largest dome unsupported by pillars to be found in India and the second largest in the world. The other attraction of this structure is its central chamber where a sound is echoed seven times.
- Visit the Bijapur Fort, the centre of power of the Adil Shahi dynasty of the India
- See the Ibrahim Roza, the tomb of Ibrahim Adil Shah II, known for its perfect symmetry
Drive to Badami, a historic city known for its rock cut caves
Discover heritage in your Deccan Delight Tour, by visiting the ancient temples at Aihole and Pattadakal
- Drive to Badami
- Enroute visit Aihole, an ancient city referred to as the cradle of Hindu temple architecture. It was here that the artisans experimented with different temple architecture to create the world’s earliest rock cut shrines which later developed as Chalukyan style architecture
- Enroute visit the temple complex at Pattadakal, a UNESCO world heritage site known for its beautiful Chalukyan style temple architecture which reached its peak in Pattadakal.
- Arrive Badami, checkin at hotel and freshen up
- Rest of the evening at leisure
Drive to Hampi, a dream in stone.
Experience the richness of heritage of your Deccan Delight Tour, with a tour of Badami.
- Visit the rock cut caves at Badami
- Also visit the Badami fort situated on a hill top
- Drive to Hospet
- Arrive Hospet and check-in at hotel
- Rest of the evening at leisure to relax
Enjoy the epitome of your Deccan Delight Tour, discovering the beautiful ruins of Hampi, an ancient capital of the erstwhile Vijaynagar kingdom, now listed among UNESCO world heritage sites
- Spend the day discovering the amazing ruins of Hampi, the grand capital of the famous Vijaynagar Empire. The ruins of Hampi are scattered around an area of 26 sq km. The important highlights of the Hampi ruins is the Vithala temple complex, the Virupaksha temple, the King’s balance, the Queen bath, the lotus Mahal and the intricately carved musical pillars
Train to Goa, the beach heaven of India
Relax along the sandy beaches of Goa, on your Deccan Delight Tour
- Catch your early morning train to Goa
- Arrive Goa and transfer to your hotel
- Enjoy an evening at leisure
Discover the people and heritage of Goa, on your Deccan Delight Tour
- Take a half day tour of new and old Goa seeing the typical Portuguese Goan architecture and the Basilica of Bom Jesus, where the remains of St Francis Xavier lie in a dazzling silver casket.
- This evening, take a boat cruise on the river Mandovi, a pleasant way to spend a thoroughly enjoyable evening in Goa.
Relax by the sunny beaches of Goa
Relax and rejuvenate in Goa, on your Deccan Delight Tour
AM & PM:
- Enjoy your time at leisure to relax on the beach or pamper yourself with the various facilities offered by your hotel.
- The Goan food and Fenny (a speciality Goan liquor made from coconut) along with the lovely Goan people and warm coastal climate will pamper you to the max!
Bid goodbye to Goa, as you reach the finale of your Deccan Delight Tour
- This morning, you will be transferred to Goa airport to catch your flight for onward destination