Route : Delhi Agra Jaipur Nimaj Jodhpur Jaisalmer Overnight in Train Delhi
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Desert Delights Tour.
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Desert Delights Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandani Chownk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India.
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret.
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship.
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war.
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi.
Drive to Agra, land of the Taj Mahal.
Continue to the second highlight of your Desert Delights Tour, discovering the Mughal city of Agra, home to the beautiful wonder of the world, the Taj Mahal
- Optional: watch a fantastic show “Mohabbat the Taj – The saga of love”, staging the largest replica of the Taj Mahal, and presenting the Taj in its various shades and seasons.
Day in Agra
Enjoy the epitome of your Desert Delights Tour, with a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
Drive to Jaipur, the pink capital city of Rajasthan.
Experience the richness and warmth of your Desert Delights Tour, with a visit to Jaipur in Rajasthan
- Drive to Jaipur, enroute visiting Fatehpur Sikri, the crowning glory of Emperor Akbar's architectural legacy. Built in red sandstone, its numerous palaces, halls, and structures exemplify the creativity of erstwhile Mughal emperors.
- Enjoy a spectacular view of 7th – 8th century Abhaneri Stepwells.
- Enjoy a heritage walk in the old city of Jaipur, seeing life along the small alleys and by-lanes. Interact with the local artisans enamelling jewels with local ‘meenakari’ work, along with goldsmiths and silversmiths of the region.
- Visit gems, jewels and carpet weaving factories – watch artisans creating unique masterpieces and enjoy haggling for souvenirs in colourful bazaars of Jaipur.
Day in Jaipur
Cherish the splendour of your Desert Delights Tour, with a tour of this princely city of Jaipur, which is built in 9 rectangular sectors symbolising 9 divisions of the universe, as per Indian cosmology
- Visit the splendid Amber fort, which was built in the 16th century. An elephant ride (subject to availability) will help you ascend to this hilltop fort. Alternatively, you could choose to walk or drive up to the fort.
- Photo stop at Hawa Mahal, the palace of winds. This palace consists of long corridors and a decorated facade with its innumerable windows and screened balconies, especially built for the royal women to view processions along the cities main street.
- Visit the City Palace complex, reflecting the architectural exuberance of Jaipur. The complex consists of a variety of museums and a part of the palace is still the royal residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur - Visit Jantar Mantar, the ancient astronomical observatory.
Drive to Nimaj, a small village near Jodhpur.
Continue your Desert Delights Tour with a visit to Nimaj, a small village in between Jaipur and Jodhpur, famous for its beautiful palace.
- Drive to Nimaj Palace, an erstwhile palace that has now been converted to a beautiful heritage hotel.
- Take a jeep safari to nearby tribal village settlements. Rajasthani villagers are famous for their cultural and colourful lifestyle. You get the opportunity to interact with local villagers, shepherds, farmers and weavers of the region and see their way of life.
Drive to Jodhpur, the blue hued city of Rajasthan.
Experience the magnificence of your Desert Delights Tour, discovering Jodhpur, home to one of the largest forts of India, the Mehrangarh Fort.
- At leisure in Jodhpur.
Day in Jodhpur
Connect to the tribes in your Desert Delights Tour, with a jeep safari to local villages.
- Enjoy a jeep safari to Bishnoi villages, to get a feel for the local lifestyle of Rajasthani villagers. Bishnoi’s are a village community of Rajasthan who are famous for their cultural lifestyle and their love for nature and animals. You get an opportunity to observe the village lifestyle and interact with villagers, shepherds, farmers and weavers of the region.
PM: Enjoy a city tour of Jodhpur, visiting.
- The majestic Mehrangarh Fort that has fine views over the city.
- Jaswant Thada, the white marble memorial of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II.
- The fascinating museum at Umaid Bhawan Palace.
Drive to Jaisalmer, the sand dunes paradise, popularly called ‘the golden city’ of Rajasthan
Proceed further west on your Desert Delights Tour, to visit the golden city of Jaisalmer,
- Drive to Jaisalmer.
- En route visit the magnificent Pokharan Fort.
- Upon arrival check in at your desert camp in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer.
- At leisure in your desert camp
Day in Jaisalmer
Experience the nomadic lifestyle in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer, on your Desert Delights Tour
AM: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Jaisalmer, visiting
- The Jaisalmer Fort, the second oldest fort of Rajasthan
- The luxurious and splendid havelis (mansions) in the old city
- The exquisitely sculptured Jain Temples, which also house an emerald icon of Mahavira
- Enjoy a sunset camel safari to the sand dunes of Jaisalmer, followed by dinner with traditional cultural performance
Overnight in Train
Cherish the memories of your Desert Delights Tour, as you approach the end of your delightful journey
- Transfer to the railway station to board your overnight train to Delhi.
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Desert Delights Tour
- Arrive Delhi.
- Transfer to the Delhi International airport, to catch your flight back home.